Advanced FumeFX Workshop: Week 1

I enrolled in an Advanced FumeFX Workshop, presented by Allan McKay held by CGSociety. During the course of this workshop we were tasked with weekly assignments, Allan provided a video tutorial showing us how to do an specific effect and we were asked to take this further and try push the boundries a little further than what was shown in the lesson.

My first weeks assignment was to create a basic torch.

This 1st lesson was just a quick refresh into FumeFX for people that haven't used it or haven't used it that much. The topics touched on simple elements like object sources and emission through textures as well as a basic overview of the settings within fumeFX.

There wasn't much needed to improve of the lesson so I just added some textures to my torch with some very basic animation and lighting. My main focus was to produce a high-quality flame and some nice fire motion.

My end product displayed below: